These are trying times for the people of the Philippines, especially those in the Visayas and Northern Mindanao regions, where a Category 5 Typhoon caused widespread devastation over the weekend.
It is estimated that possibly 10,000 people may have lost their lives. Government support is lacking and corpses are strewn along the roads and fields. Many people in isolated areas have not had food or water for days and are desperate. Please give if you can.
Things that are needed:
1. Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned meat/vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
2. Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
3. Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, powdered bleach, mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
4. Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc
5. Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
6. First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs,
Anti-tetanus injectables, all available
Any oral antibiotics
All IV Fluids
Suturing materials (suture & needles)
Bandages (micropore, elastic, etc.)
Sterile materials for OR
7. Candles, matches, lighters
Cash Donations online can be coursed through:
Catholic Relief Services https://secure.crs.org/site/Donation2
Philippine Red Cross http://www.redcross.org.ph/donate
4. Local Parish Churches
5. Ateneo de Manila University college covered courts
6. University of the Philippines Diliman